Wednesday, August 03, 2005

What a day!

SP is done, finally! No more screaming kids ;P. I was rather touched during the performance, not because (okay, maybe just a little) of the Session 3 kids but of how well and persevered and good (ehem... ;P) I handled these (whole 3 sessions) kids. Hehe. I read (perhaps heard of too) that we should seek joy/pleasure in whatever task(s) we're doing as though it's a training for our growth so it wouldn't be err...gruesome - it's gonna be worthy and self-satisfactory. In the end, the process should result a gain and instead of a loss. A gain in experience and learning (and money also lah :P).

Almost missed Beethoven's 9th Symphony Concert (performed by Baltimore Symphony Orchestra and Baltimore Choral Society) at Meyerhoff Hall downtown. You see, I was 'stuck' at Forest Hill until 6.15pm! N was already at my apartment, showered (he didn't have time to go homeo and shower, after work, you know) and waiting for me, while chatting with J. Urgh, kinda feel bad for my roomate. Anyway, I told J NOT to let him in my bedroom and hide my lesbian books away. Hey, he's kinda 'weird'.

Soooo, we're supposed to leave my apartment at 6.30pm - gonna park the car at his place and walk 20 mins to Meyerhoff. Argh! Come on, it's summer now and it's f-king hot outside and he'd like to walk all the way to the concert. We're gonna be sweaty and yucky and 'worked out' by the time we fucking get there! Right? That's not my plan/idea/desire to reach the hall at that state of being. We're gonna be hearing/watching/enjoying/witnessing the greatest symphony of all time. It would be inappropriate and disrespectful (oh yeah, think of having an appointment with a VVIP), right? He wouldn't f-king spent the parking money! Fine! Since I'd be late and I would really love to go for that symphony (instead of watching Koresh Dance performing at Maryland Arts Festival), I told told him I'd take care of the fucking parking fee. Besides, the concert ticket was free (for both of us) - his friend got him the tickets. So, at least I wouldn't have to burn a hole in my wallet ;P.

I got home at 6.55pm, only had enough time to wash my face, and fuck!, he used my towel! I was so mad. He got his own towel (I was sure, he told me he got everything needed for shower at my place). He didn't ask J or me if it's okay to use the towels in the bathroom! Gosh, even L doesn't...didn't use my towel. Ewww...his smell. Uuueeekkk! I had to re-wash my face and clean it with toilet paper! Who does he think he is? Am I paranoid? Tell me, if you're me how would you react? Well, I actually didn't yell and throw a tantrum at him, I just calmly said, "It's okay.", while I was boiling inside. $%^@#$%@#&#$%!

We got a good seat. High above, center. Wow...the hall is so grand and big. We got there just when they're playing the 1st piece. Phew! At least I've a bit of timie to settle down and prepare my mood for the highlight of the concert ;)

It's my first time going to Meyerhoff, also my first time experiencing the performance of 9th Symphony. How significant! I think I'd enjoy it more if N didn't lean toward me and try to enter my bubble :P

9th Symphony was superb. I was moved to tears :'( when the chorus and orchestra were playing Ode to Joy. It's like seeing/feeling a glimpse of light after darkness and despair and suffering. I was reflecting every note and phrase of it to my life - in a non-linear way. Great art could move you to tears. Likewise, great life (experience) could too - if it struck/touched you deeply.

Since I skipped dinner, I was starving after the concert. I was hoping to eat (and drink - like a celebration) at a cool restaurant/bar/pub with his friends (who were in the concert). I was hoping to meet new people. Since he couldn't get hold of his friends and being so boring and kiamsiap (he suggested tea at his place! I don't even wanna go there). Come on! I said I'd like to eat pizza, and he suggested 2 pizza places nearby - only carryout. Urgh! Before that, I was kinda 'hinting' Owl Bar, which is just around the corner. Is he that dungu? Huh, I completely lost my mood to stay out (with him) and told him to send me home. Urgh!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yucks! i think i'd scream in his face for the towel incident... kenot tahan!

~sue

8/04/2005 12:08:00 AM  
Blogger lotsachi said...

i would love to scream at his face too! but...i upsetly (and ragingly) said it's okay, softly. after all, it's just a towel (i realized). it's not like he violated my body. the towel, i can choose to trash it or wash it. since i love the towel so much (and i wouldn't spend money to get another big and fluffy towel - a waste of money to spend on that kinda guy), i 'swallowed' it and washed the towel.

8/04/2005 04:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home