Saturday, July 23, 2005

Travelling to 'adventurous' camp

SP's current location is at Forest Hill. That's about 45 mins from Towson and 10 mins away from Pennsylvania! Every morning carpooling with I and M. Two 'crazy' but talented guys in our theatre department.

There are 23 kids (only!) in Session 3. I'm the counselor for the middle group again. 9 of them - 5 boys, 4 gals. Amazing, male outnumbers female (in theatre). Well, since it's just that many kids, chilling out ;P. Basically just hanging out with 'half blood prince' in classes, breaks...you know, whenever possible to read ;P. Occasionally taking my gaze off the book and look what's happening ;). You know, that potter book is not mine. It belongs to one of the kids and I only get to read it during the camp. Started on Monday, and finished the entire book on Friday! Hehe...you love my job, don't you ;P

On Monday til Thursday, we rode in I's car. It's a Chevy (sedan...forgot which model). On Friday, gosh...M drove, his jeep...hood down. I was sitting at the back, carefully balancing my Starbucks, hair all gone wild (I wished I had my once-ago-short hair) and tangled. Like riding those thing in themepark. If I didn't buckle up, I would have flung out off the jeep :P Exciting, huh! I didn't enjoy getting my hair all messed up but I really enjoyed the ride - especially when we get into the woods, by the countryside (kinda like). I could almost touched the trees. I could smell the nature, the greens, the water... Made me homesick (a little). With the pretty sight and smell and (deafening) sound, creative ideas popped into my mind for my upcoming performance project. I felt a surge of inspiration, hope, determination and courage. I thought of the talk I had with B the other night. I thought of my house back home and determine to help with the mortgage as soon as possible.

It's amazing...when you really appreciate/love/enjoy something, a door unlocks itself. You feel the immense power of being in-control. And you view things from another point of view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home