Friday, August 19, 2005

mucho deniro

How much money do you have to have in your wallet and your saving/checking account in order for you to feel 'secure'...? In Malaysia, I NEED to have more than RM10 in my wallet whenever I go out. When my bank account reaches less than RM500, I'd 'shout out' to my mum. :P Exchange rate is RM3.8 to US$1. Here, well...I feel secure even with just a few dollars BUT I have to have my VISA check card ;P Here, everywhere accepts check card. Yup, you go grocery shopping...a few dollars worth of stuff - just pay with check card. Say in Malaysia, you have to have loads of cash when you go eat in kopitiam or buy stuff from kedai runcit ;P

*sigh*

Today, I wrote a check of $2,XXX - paid to the university. My hard earned money. All my savings! Now I'm down to $XX - not enough to pay for my rent, phone bill, utility bill, schoolbooks to buy... I didn't have a summer vacation. I didn't go anywhere. The closest 'vacation' (if you consider it so) I had was a visit to L's parents' house - 3 days 2 nights. The next closest 'beach vacation' would be DIPPING in a kids' pool and sitting with a book, cold drink and laptop - sun-tanning by the water (the kids' pool, okay) IN MY APARTMENT BALCONY. Very hard to say bye-bye to summer in Florida but I've got to save the money...

*sigh*

If I have to pay my tuition fees with the in-state status, I would be 'richer' by now - I would have more clothes in my wardrobe, I would have more shoes/sandals, I would have started paying back my loan money, I would have gotten a car, I would have semi-supported my mum back home, I would have have a more colorful life (heh, not that it's not colorful now...but with a car, I would have done more...would have gone out more...party more...see more...do more...). This is a very hard way of learning on being responsible on my life, in my life. And I chose this...

Colorful too, at the end of the day :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

on being broke....

rite now my salary is RM 800.00, a sum that if u really think hard, sure you'll say, how can live in Penang... sure die! but my housemate's salary is RM 600.00 and he's covering up the utility bills for us, bought a 2nd hand refrigerator and washing machine, twicw held a makan2 party and few months back bought a mini home theater. and i am complaining about my salary?

i never thought how much money i should have in my wallet just to be safe, sometimes i don;t even remember how much money i have in it. there were times that i was so hungry, i have to eat at some expensive outlet so i can pay by mastercard... how to pay back? later think, eat first! luckily a friend introduced me to this kedai makan that is very cheap, so eat there la everyday... save banyak!

8/24/2005 12:47:00 AM  
Blogger lotsachi said...

how can?! 800?! that's what actors studio pays u? gee...u make me worried, so worried that IF i go back to malaysia...i'll never earn enough money to pay off my loans... :-S

8/24/2005 12:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh, who was that ar? i'm earning nearly 4 times your RM800 salary and STILL i'm so broke! really kowtow u man!

~sue

8/24/2005 03:47:00 AM  
Blogger lotsachi said...

hahaha! he's my friend. my classmate in upm theatre (solo performance) class. now living in penang.

yea dude, kowtow u. i wonder if u need to give some 'wang belanja' (repaying time now!) back to, you know...the FAMA institution ;)

8/24/2005 11:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, really wondering... my 'loan repayment' to FAMA, car loan and ptptn oredi exceed what u're making! and that belum include rental and utilities, transport, food, bills, etc.

~sue

8/24/2005 11:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dearie all bloggers,

dun worry... me still occay, enough eat, to much sleep, and gaining weight!!! hahahha yezza, that the amount that my boss is paying me. actually it goes with the job as i'm the only staff here (thus, i don't have to go through sickening tense driving office gossip), i got to sleep whenever i like, come in late, go back early, online throughout the office hour, eat whereever i want in the studio, bring whoever friends i want to bring in, all in all i make my own rules as long as the works are done. for RM800 it's worth it.

me also have to pay loan, FAMA, PTPTN. i told my mother, i'll pay you back but not now la, later2 and bit by bit. to PTPTN i say, look, this is the job i have, and i have just started,so i pay you RM50/month can ah? they said can , in the papers few months ago (off course la have to pay until i'm old enough to have greatgrand children but what to do).

i don't have any possesion that i have to pay monthly or whatsoever, my hp is a 3310 which i got for free since the previous owner got a 3G hp recently. the car i'm using is my father's, the bike already dah habis bayar since uni. foods, mkn kedai murah2 jer. cloths, hmmm... there's always bundle where u get good stuff (have to really look) at good price. branded things only beli masa kaya like when got payment for production recently, i got up to RM1300.00 (this is 4 2 play directing that i did and it was 3 months late) and i bought a new parfume DKNY be delicious... ulalala!!! hehehe i go for free movie at GSC as my friends work there (but you have to wait till after the 2nd week, on working days at working hours and there are less then 10 ppl watching) if not get vcd - from friends, download, or if you have to pay, here latest vcd is only RM4 sometimes you can get RM3 (of course the image is pour but even the movie wasn't that good in the first place what). bored of movies, got karaoke. here, 1 song only RM1.00 (even the mineral water is more expensive than the songs). theater is always free as ppl know me and most performances in Penang are on FOC basis (this is the goverment doing eh, mendidik masyarakat meminati teater - hbs tuh, we make teater, we nak makan apa?).

when i looked back at the end of each month, sometimes i wonder, how can got balance??? hehhehee smart living, high thinking

Chi,
don't worry when you get back here, you'll get a good job.. i just decide to go the hard way..

sue,
you earn 4 times as much as i am? hmmm... r u in Penang? would like to go out sometimes hehehehhee jokes2

p/s: best thing is, STAY SINGLE!!!

8/25/2005 02:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha... i'm not in penang lar. and even if i am, i won't go out with u lar, coz then u'll have to pay for everything n i'm too nice to let u torture urself like that! :Þ

~sue

8/25/2005 03:54:00 AM  
Blogger lotsachi said...

thanks, A. i'll go back when i'm richer ;) hey, if i go to pg, will u be able to 'sneak' me in theatre performances FOC ;P hehe...

8/26/2005 01:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home