Sunday, October 30, 2005

Saving Face

Halloween weekend. I should have gone out - with or without costume. But I didn't. I thought I would - go downtown to Fells Point with S. Well, it's too late for her - by the time I get off work and get ready. *sigh*

My movie night with W and X was cancelled. In the end, I stayed home - watched my MUCH anticipated movie, Saving Face, which has just came out in DVD and arrived at my mailbox.

Roomate K made cheesecake. It's delicious. Had a glass of wine. Watched Saving Face. What an enjoyment, a solitary enjoyment.

Saving Face

Dutiful daughter Wil (Michelle Krusied) sidesteps her mother's (Joan Chen) attemptes to marry her off in Alice Wu's romantic comedy set in New York. At 28, Wil's the old maid of her traditional Chinese family, so there's no way she can tell them about her budding romance with Vivian (Lynn Chen). But there's no avoiding mom's meddling matchmaking when she shows up on Wil's doorstep looking for a place to stay.

Gosh, her mum's pregnant at the age 48! And Wil is a doctor (woohoo! smart gene ;)), a lesbian Chinese doctor (pretty too!). Vivian's a prima ballerina. Oh, she's super cute and sexy! Yeah, I know...how can you juxtapose 'ugly but adorable' and sexy together. :P Oh boy...I just love the twists and turns of the drama/movie! I feel a kind of deja vu.

Oh, what IF my mum get pregnant 2-3 years from now. And...and...me having a stepdad. Would I be ok with her? Would she be 'ok with me'?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'ugly but addorable' is just the definition given by the oxford dictionary (which i think has been removed or 'redefined' - not too sure, u may wanna check the fact out urself). other dictionaries carry definitions closer to our own impression of the word.

10/31/2005 12:44:00 AM  
Blogger lotsachi said...

hehehhee...ok ok, ms know-it-all. ahhh, so i've just checked (american heritage dictionary)

cute: delightfully pretty or dainty; shrewd; clever.

yup, vivian (lynn chen) is definitely delightfully pretty!

10/31/2005 12:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm... not trying to be a ms know-it-all, just that this definition has been redefined for so long, and yet ppl still quoting it...

10/31/2005 01:00:00 AM  
Blogger lotsachi said...

whoaaaa! yeah...i'm the ms outdate lah... :(

10/31/2005 01:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home