Sunday, July 10, 2005

MSC

I was in MSC production last semester (spring). What a long and confusing title - The Persecution and Assassination of Jean Paul Marat as performed by the Inmates of Charenton under the direction of Marquis de Sade as performed by the Inmates of the Liberation Camp and Holding Facility. Whoaaaa...

I went to the early rehearsals (mostly discourses) with such a blur state of mind... And I was at a 'transition'/dilemma period - would I be able to stay here for the semester due to financial difficulties. And I was playing one of the musicians - there's no distinct character to study for based on the script.

Well, since it's a play within a play within a play, everything could be errr...ambiguous. :P Hence, I could be 'blur' on my part, BUT be sure of every music notes and cues ;P

Working with J was certainly a learning experience - from style of direction to her character. Mostly I was in rehearsals with C and I marvelled at his musical talent, passion and ability! Back to J - as compared to N, she's really very 'verbal'. Of course, every director has to throw questions to the actors about dramaturgy, character and script analysis, etc. But, it's just too much to grasp coz she tends to 'beat around the bush', you know...like asking questions and bringing so much other ideas/suggestions at the same time. I don't know, I just lost the main point(s) and then I'm in that 'vast' state of mind - with no strong points or revelation of my own. Ahh...I'm much like less-is-more kinda person ;)

C arranged the music to reggae, like funk it up, away from the original british/military style. The frequent rehearsal didn't bore me coz I took that opportunity to 'destress' and perfect my drumming technique :) gosh, i missed playing music with other musicians!

I really enjoyed last semester- the academic workload, hehe... Only 2 classes and sitting in the design class (with permission from T of course! how lucky). Boy, work much though. Had 4 part time jobs that a period of time. Working for Panda, Paws, TC and S. Saved some money for tuition (and still I had to borrow!) and expenses. What a semester - juggling all these theatre classes, projects and production and jobs.

See, although I was busy, but I still went for Gakkai meetings whenever possible - mostly kofu on Sundays. Phew! Being in MSC (about revolution and liberation of France, Charenton and Refugee Camp...duh :P) was revolutionary for me. How? :)

Never in my life I've taken so much responsibilities to stand on my own and balancing many events/circumstances IN one semester. It's colorful in a diferent way compared to the past 'canvases' (moments/fractions in life). Of course, the major one was confronting myself - when I met L...

1 Comments:

Blogger carinasuyin said...

heyo heyo! you're back!! is this the play that we watched on video with Rey in class last time? remembered it was by de Sade and `twas set in a prison -a play within a play too!

7/26/2005 06:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home